LavaRnd supported webcams
Current webcam support
The following webcams are supported in the current release of LavaRnd:
- Logitech QuickCam 3000 Pro -
- Logitech QuickCam 4000 Pro -
Wanted: support of more webcams
We want LavaRnd to support more types webcams.
There are 3 ways that you can help:
- Modify the LavaRnd source
for your webcam and
send us a patch.
- Arrange to give us a webcam that works under
and allow us to modify the
and send out a new release.
- Tell us
where we can buy a webcam that you have tested and have found to work under
Assuming that we have the funds and the time, wait
until we buy, then test and then release modified
that supports it.
NOTE: If you do make use of the 1st option (you do the work
and send us the patch), best wishes.
We hope to make this option easier in a future release
NOTE: If you do make use of the 2nd option (you arrange
to give us a webcam), be sure to
by EMail so that:
- We can be sure that one of our development servers will
support the webcam
- We can verify that our schedules will allow us to the work
- We know that you understand that we will need to keep the webcam
once we are finished to maintain support of it in the future
If you do make use of the 3rd option, be sure to
by EMail and tell us:
- The exact made and model of the webcam
- Where we can buy that webcam and how much it costs
release and kernel version under which you tested the webcam.
- What, if anything, you had to do to get the webcam to work.
- What user tool (and tool version) you used to verify that
the webcam worked under
and from where we can obtain the source for that tool
- Anything else you think might be helpful.
NOTE: The 3rd option (we buy and test) the slowest option as
it is limited by both our time and our spare change. :-)
Making prior arrangements to give us a webcam (see 2nd
option above) is a much better and faster alternative.
What is next?